- FCC's Final Rules on Caller ID.
- Text of 9th Circuit decision on California's challenge to FCC Caller ID rules.
- 1990 Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision on Caller ID.
- Testimony of Marc Rotenberg before Vermont Public Utility Commission on Caller ID.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse factsheet, "Caller ID and My Privacy: What Do I Need to Know?"
- CPSR's Caller ID Pages.
- Risks Digest article by Phil Agre on Caller ID.
- ACLU NJ press release on ACLU testimony on Caller ID rules in New Jersey.
- San Jose Mercury News "Caller ID bogs down in chaos Pacific Bell tries to unsnarl mix-up over blocking", June 15, 1996.
- KRON (TV) story on Caller ID blocking in California.
- Caller-Times Interactive story, Caller ID rises privacy issues.
- AUSTEL (Australia) report on Caller ID. Analysis of report by Robin Whittle.
- Data Protection Officer, Guernsey Isle of Man Data Protection Registrar & Acting Data Protection Registrar, Jersey, Joint Policy Statement, on the Data Protection Implications of Calling Line Identification (CLI).
- NZInfoTechWeekly Online article on Caller ID in New Zealand.
- Ontario, Canada Privacy Commission paper, "Your Privacy and Call Display", October 1995.
Share this page:
EPIC relies on support from individual donors to pursue our work.
Subscribe to the EPIC Alert
The EPIC Alert is a biweekly newsletter highlighting emerging privacy issues.
Machines of Loving Grace by John Markoff