Critical Infrastructure Protection
- White House Cyberspace Policy Review (May 29, 2009)
- President Obama's Speech on Cyber-security (May 29, 2009)
- EPIC's Testimony to the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations on "Creating the Department of Homeland Security: Consideration of the Administration's Proposal" (July 9, 2002)
- EPIC's Testimony to the Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs on "Securing Our Infrastructure: Private/Public Information Sharing" (May 8, 2002)
- EPIC's Letter to the House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, on H.R. 3482, The Cyber Security Enhancement Act of 2002 (February 26, 2002)
- EPIC's Testimony to the House Government Reform Committee on H.R. 4246, The Cyber Security Information Act (June 22, 2000)
- EPIC's Testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on "CyberAttack: The National Protection Plan and its Privacy Implications" (PDF, 128K) (February 1, 2000)
- EPIC Press Release on "National Plan for Information Systems Protection" (February 1, 2000)
- Memo from Ronald D. Lee, Associate Deputy Attorney General, Department of Justice to Jeffrey Hunker, Director, Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office regading the National Information Systems Protection Plan, March 8, 1999. Obtained by EPIC under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Memo from Jeffrey Hunker, CIAO to CICG Members regarding "Offsite Materials." Obtained by EPIC under the Freedom of Information Act.
- White House "National Plan for Information Systems Protection" (PDF, 912K) (January 7, 2000)
- Executive Summary of "National Plan for Information Systems Protection" (PDF, 664K) (January 7, 2000)
- White House Press Release on "Cyber-Security" (January 7, 2000)
- Transcript of White House Press Briefing on "Cyber-Security" (January 7, 2000)
National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC)
- NIPC "CyberNotes" (published every two weeks)
- Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office (CIAO)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- United States Department of Defense
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- The Defense Intelligence Agency
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- The National Security Institute
- Terrorism Research Center
- American Bar Association Standing Committee On Law and National Security
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- Infrastructure Assurance Center
- Office of the Director of Central Intelligence
- Federation of American Scientists
- The Information Warfare Research Center
- Centre for Infrastructural Warfare Studies (CIWARS)
- The Institute for Advanced Study of Information Warfare
- National Archives and Records Administration
- The Government Printing Office (Research site)
- Institute for Telecommunication Science (ITS is the research and engineering branch of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, which is part of the U.S. Department of Commerce.)
- Information Infrastructure Task Force (implements the Administration's vision for the National Information Infrastructure)
- Cyber security, FEMA meeting on Obama's agenda, Washington Post, May 29, 2009.
- Computer Security Review Due This Week, Helene Cooper, N.Y. Times, May 26, 2009.
- Cyber Terror Arsenal Grows. Niall McKay, Wired News, October 16, 1998.
- An Electronic Pearl Harbor? Not Likely. George Smith, Issues in Science and Technology, Fall 1998.
- American Military Intervention: A User's Guide. The Heritage Foundation's look at military intervention.
- Protecting America's Critical Infrastructures. Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office factsheet on PDD 63.
- White House Fact Sheet: Protecting America's Critical Infrastructures: PDD 63. May 22, 1998.
- The President's speech on infrastructure protection at the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Statement of Dr. Jeffrey A. Hunker (Director, Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office).
- Is Cyberterrorism a Real Threat?. Reuters.
- Reno Unveils Center to Protect Infrastructure. Heather Harreld and Torsten Busse, Federal Computer Week.
- Networks: DOD's First Line Of Defense. George Leopold, Electronic Engineering Times, October 13, 1997.
- Testimony Before the House Science Subcommittee in behalf of the Computer System Security and Privacy Advisory Board. Willis H. Ware, Chairman, June 19, 1997.
- Report to the President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection. James Ellis, David Fisher, Thomas Longstaff, Linda Pesante, and Richard Pethia, CERT Coordination Center Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, January 1997.
- Press Release ñ House Science Committee Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. (R-WI) introduced H.R. 1903, the Computer Security Enhancement Act of 1997, legislation aimed at strengthening computer security throughout the federal government.
- Reflections on the 1997 Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection (PCCIP) Report. Clark Staten, The Emergency Responce and Research Institute.
- The Information Warfare Challenges of a National Information Infrastructure. Ronald Knecht and Ronald A. Gove.
- Report of the Defense Science Board Task Force on Information Warfare. November 1996.
- Security and the National Infrastructure in the Computer Age. Judith Nocella, University of Buffalo, Fall 1996.
- What is Information Warfare?. Martin C. Libicki, March 1996.
- Papers on Network Centric Warfare.
- The Clipper Chip: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Overview of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
- List of websites related to the Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Share this page:
EPIC relies on support from individual donors to pursue our work.
Subscribe to the EPIC Alert
The EPIC Alert is a biweekly newsletter highlighting emerging privacy issues.
Machines of Loving Grace by John Markoff